Friday, March 21, 2014

Building Inside The Box



I took my afternoon off work and decided to make a model of the proposed fictious layout. I was curious to see how all things would work together.

Honestly, I'm rather satisfied, even surprised. It really feels like standing in Villeneuve and Maizerets back in the mid-80s. The huge cement plant looks just like the real thing and don't overwhelm the place too much. The yard is also extremely similar to the prototype, nothing fancy, just some tracks disappearing behind a concrete overpass. I also like the black oil tanks in the background, makes you feel there's some harbour activities behind the scene.

Here's a few shot of the model's model. Those familiar with our layout will recognize many structures I once presented and even tried to model.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment