Thursday, July 21, 2016

Kitbashing Grand Trunk 719 - Part 2

I need some help to get the piping right on 719. As built, the loco wasn't superheated and was a compound with Stephenson valve gear. It was later modernized, but I'm doing the as built version. The piping is quite simple but I'm more comfortable doing later steam locomotives with feedwater and other such appliances.



Be aware that Grand Trunk used jacket over the boiler and smokebox, means some pipes are hidden under the lagging.



I want to make a locomotive with all the piping, not just a botched approximation.

Thanks for your help!

2 comments:

  1. Here you go:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/renegourley/27906811424/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rene! It fits exactly what I found out from other sources. Best regards!

    ReplyDelete