Sunday, November 13, 2016

Coopérative agricole de Charlevoix - Part 2

Work on the feedmill is progressing nicely. Over the last few days, I was able to clad and add windows to the office section, glue several stiffeners inside the building and add the roof.



Then I moved to detailing such as the fascia and soffit. Unfortunately, these details are often overlooked by modellers while they add a lot of extra realism without taking too much time or skill to implement.



Others small details like electric meter and gutter were also added. The gutter descent was salvaged from the Pola feedmill but filed down to a more realistic square as often seen on modern buildings.


Finally, the concrete staircase leading to the office door was kitbashed using Pola feedmills stairs and scraps of cardboard. The shape is very reminescent of own poured concrete stairs were designed back in the 1980s and later.


About color, I'm not sure if I'll leave the office building on galvanized steel or paint it white like the rest of the building. That's a decision I'll have to take soon.



As for the roof, I won't add the corrugated steel panels until the paint job is over. At that point, I'll also add a dust cyclone on top of the elevator to make it looks like a modernized plant. It was an attractive feature on Ste-Anne-de-Beaupré feedmill and I will try to reproduce it verbatim.

No comments:

Post a Comment