Monday, April 4, 2022

Grand Trunk Railway 3D Printed Caboose - Part 3

I may pursue many projects at the same time, which is never a good idea, but I'm still committed to bring them to fruition. Among them are several of my own design freight cars. I hope to announce some good news about them in the future, but it things go as planned, these models could finally be available in some shape or form at a sooner date than I could wish for.


Among these projects is the Grand Trunk caboose. Many of you asked me about the possibility of that specific prototype becoming available as a kit. The short answer is yes, it will probably see the light and I'm currently retooling it completely for resin casting. I've also been asked to design several different cupolas to replicate several specific roads and eras.


So far, I'll be modelling the original TH&B version, the original GTR version, the GTR version with blanked out numberboard and CNR with blanket out numberboard and marker light. I'm also seriously tempted to offer a Wabash/Detroit Toledo & Shore Line version since these designs inspired the TH&B/GTR ones.


In that regard, I'm looking for information about modernized version of these cabooses under CNR ownership. I've been told the cupolas were rebuilt at some point to more "standard" design. I've no idea what it means. Could it be they replaced the cupola with a standard CNR one (most likely) or something else? More importantly, when did this design was phased out. In the late 1920s when CNR was standardizing its fleet? I know two pictures of CNR caboose with Bombay cupola, namely CN 77276 and CN 77387. If you have information about these cabooses or some data related to them (including later life pictures), let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment