Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Lettering an old tank car

While doing some clean up last week end, I found out a pair of assembled and painted black Intermountain tank car. Having a set of Black Cat decals on hand for CN company service tank car, I browsed CNRphotos.com in search of a suitable prototype.


Quickly, I stumbled up a neat tank car of similar size sporting the wet noodle logo and a ACI label. I was sold to the idea immediatly.


I didn't need to use all the decal set since lettering on the prototype was spartan at best. Microscale sets provided additional data and logo.


I heavily weathered the model according to the original picture. But I didn't try to go as far as the real car because it was photographed in the 90s. After I took my picture, I slight added more dirt under the tank. I didn't yet dullcote the model. I like the very dull look it has right now. Maybe I'll dullcote it later.






All in all, it was a fun brainless project. It's good to have some from time to time.

It will probably find it's from time to time in a work train to Clermont.



No comments:

Post a Comment