Friday, September 8, 2017

Some Due Updates

First, I've been working on a redesign of Hedley Junction blog over the last few weeks. I've been busy with other jobs too, but I don't think the update will happen soon. I first flirted with the idea to move to Blogger's Dynamic Views template which would have enabled the blog to be easier to navigate, unfortunately, many useful gadgets can't be implemented without serious customizing and coding and, as we speak, I don't have time for this.

Second, I'm actually working on achieveable layout ideas yet again based on Southern Quebec intricate railway network. While the track plan and basic operation scheme is done, a few additional material needs to be gathered to make it useful to others. Once again, it's not a matter of quantity but about quality.

Third, the move toward a depiction of Murray Bay Subdivision under Chemin de fer du Québec as Chemin de fer Charlevoix (CFC) is steadily becoming a real thing. Most people following the blog must ask themselves when this never ending time shifting toward the future will end... Are we trying to escape our responsabilities? Not really. But as Rene Gourley explained on his blog, we all try to create "our railway" and as much as CN is attractive, I must admit I have a better knowledge about the CFQ since I grew up with it for 25 years now. Many people model CN, but nobody never tried to model the Charlevoix vibe and I feel it's our club duty to to this railway justice.

Finally, while speaking of Rene Gourley, I found out while working on the blog I forgot to add his blog to my recommended website. Rene has been a regular reader of this blog for a long time and certainly an encouraging voice among a few ones that pushed me to reshape my vision of railway modelling. As always, his blog is always a nice read full of thoughtful hindsights.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, Matthieu!

    I hope the benefits - focus, skills development, ownership - outweigh the challenges.

    ReplyDelete