Thursday, July 3, 2014

Sayonara Plywood Central! - Terraforming Malbaie River Valley

Yesterday, I got a call from Louis-Marie asking if I had some free time for the layout. I'm wasn't especially in shape, but I thought that would be a nice to vent some fatigue from the work day.

Finally, we ended up doing some terraforming using regular and florist foam. I was curious to use this material. Very easy to cut, to glue, to sand and to shape. Definitely a nice material.


I can't say I did a great job for the shore. The first shape I did was wrong and I had to add some slices of foam over it to get the right shape. Not perfect, but I'm relatively pleased with the result. Anyway, it is just a substructure for the real scenery shell that will smooth down everything.


I'm still pondering how I'll make the river, but I guess I'll take an intuitive stance toward it.


The nice thing is that now, we can start to see that the railway line is a small thing nest on the shore of a capricious river. I'm particularly satisfied by the right embankment. The left one will need some work, but still, I'm confident it will make a nice employees parking lot.


It's great to sce the scene comes together. Seriously, I'm happy we followed Jérôme's advice to model hilly Clermont instead of flat Beaupré. Sayonara Playwood Central!

No comments:

Post a Comment